One of the sweetest relationships in a family is always with our Grandparents. Along with the age, there is a lot of practical experience with the life they carry and share the best of memories with the younger generations. We have lot to learn from our grandparents, who practiced an entirely different kind of life style and grew in atmosphere which was natural and pollution free comparatively. Among such experiences of our older generations, we have few homemade tips that may be followed to cure or treat certain general health conditions by boosting up our immune system naturally.
We tried to list you some natural & safe remedies that are being followed as Grandmother’s kitchen remedies.
Cold & Cough:
Cold and cough, a very common health complaint we come across in our life, which can be seen in negligible state to severe conditions. We have many drugs available in the medical markets which are consumed in different forms. Generally, cold and cough doesn’t need any treatment and relieves within few days. However, in severe conditions it needs to be treated through proper medication.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk and consume it twice in a day to get relaxed from an average cold and cough complaint.
- Take 3 – 5 black peppercorns, mash it fine and mix it well in a glass of warm milk; and consume it before you’re off to bed in the night.
- Eucalyptus tree leaves are one of the best know home remedy for cold and cough from ages. It is rich in limonene (Antiviral) and eucalyptol & pinene (Antiseptic), which help in treating cold, cough, running nose and flue as well.
Boil a cup of water and add ½ teaspoon of chopped or crushed Eucalyptus leaves and let it brew for 10 mins. Take it twice or thrice a day to witness its aromatic herbal medicinal curing effect.
- Also, drinking warm water instead of cold or normal temperature water throughout the day also relieve most of the slight cold and cough condition.
- A cup of warm water with a spoon of pure honey, twice a day, reduces the body temperature to normal and gives energy instantly too.
- Soak a teaspoon of split mung beans or moong dal lentils in a cup of water for about 20 mins. Remove the soaked beans out from the water and consume the water that absorbed the essence of the lentils twice a day to reduce the body temperature or fever.
Wounds and injuries:
- Applying pure coconut oil over the injury or a wound immediately can reduce the chances of inflammation.
- Eucalyptus oil, which has antiseptic quality, can also be applied over an injured area to avoid severity of the wound.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied on a wound which have antiseptic quality and is widely available at home backyards generally.
- As an instant medication when confronted with any slight or average body injury, applying turmeric powder over the wounded area can heal it quickly.
There are innumerable home remedies in practice at our homes, which are safe and natural. These natural ingredients also boost our body immunity system and reduce the chances of falling sick frequently.
It is always recommended by our elders (Grandparents) to reduce the consumption of chemical combinations of modern medicines and adopt the traditional medicinal herbs and natural products in confronting general illness and safeguarding our body naturally.